Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Dear Concert Goers,

I attended an awesome concert with my 10 year old son Saturday night. Vital Signz and Core opened for the co-headliners Great White and Quiet Riot.

We were stoked! We arrived at the field at 4:15 for the gates to open at 5:00 and the concert to start at 6:00. We were second in line!

We get in, grab some water and head to the stage, where we plant ourselves, leaving only in shifts for potty breaks and to get more water. We made friends with the other people at the stage... Which helped the time to pass... Considering we had an hour and a half to talk and B.S. with them.

The concert started late...but rocked right from the start. Vital Signz, a local band, started us off with some 80's music, and then Core with some Hard Rock. Definitely set the mood. Not too many people crowding the stage, which I thought was strange but it worked...if the rest of the night went so well it would be great. 
 
Vital Signz

Core


Darin got a guitar pick from the lead singer of Core - and we got it signed.
I think he now has an official collection of something started!

As Great White took the stage (did I mention we were center stage, front row) the crowd moved in.
He was pointing right at us!


Great White

Here is where my problem starts... We have been standing in this spot, by this time for 3.5 hours, and shortly after  Great White starts, the drunken idiots move in...or should I say shove their way in, acting like they deserve to be in my spot. Like I stood there to to hold the spot for them...yeah...no!

So drunken idiot woman who thought she needed to grab the microphone out of Great Whites hands...Bitch...you should have been kicked out of the concert.

This set was great..although not long enough... Short on time, having started late and still another band to go. Apparently age brings early bedtimes. Haha!

Quiet Riot comes out and we are again bombarded by drunken idiots. I was a little leary of the people behind me smoking so close to my aqua net covered hair...but we survived.




Quiet Riot

Darin wound up with two guitar picks!
Core and Quiet Riot

Other than sharing our experience - I do have a message... Shorter than me people, don't come begging me to let you have my spot... I have no sympathy...you could have stood in one spot, like my son and I did for 5 hours to get the best "seat" in the house. I'm not sorry you couldn't see over my 5'3"... Next time get there early and save your own damn spot!

And to the guy who thought he was a battering ram... I hope you enjoy the elbow imprint and bruise I left in your back... Have some freaking manners and don't mess with my kid - and I don't accept your apology, but thanks for offering one!

So to those of you that were at the Bash from the Past in Aberdeen... I hope you enjoyed yourselves...we sure as hell did in our awesome "seats" and we are ready to do it again, but remember I'm not there to hold a  spot for you while you get your drink on or to let you in...

Yours Truly,
An 80's Rocker (sick of the people who think they should get everything they want, without the work)

No comments:

Post a Comment