Friday, August 14, 2015

Like sister, like brother?

So funny story, when my daughter Lisa was about 7 the daycare she was going to took all of the kids to the county fair.
That night at supper my mom was asking her questions, the conversation went like this

Mom "did you see the animals?"
Lisa "nope"
We all gave her strange looks knowing that at the county fair there were usually animals.
Mom "did you go to the barn?"
Lisa "yep"
Mom "but you didn't see any animals?"
Lisa "No, there weren't any animals there"
Mom "So you didn't see any cows?"
Lisa "Yes, I saw some cows"
Mom "So you saw the animals"
Lisa "No"

We all got a kick out of and still do.

So, fast forward a few years. Darin is 12, he goes to the fair to hang out with a few friends. That evening I asked him a few questions.

Me "Did you see very many people?"
Darin "No"
Me "Nobody was there?"
Darin "There were people"
Me "Did you see anyone you know?"
Darin "No"
Me "You didn't see any of your friends?"
Darin "Well yea"
Me "So you saw people you know? "
Darin "No"
Me "Who did you hang out with? "
He lists off about 10 people

I felt like I asked "who's on first?"

No comments:

Post a Comment